Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Best 100 Movies

While I'm between jobs I thought it might be healthy to revisit some goals I've let take a backseat to my hectic schedule. A few months ago a co-worker of mine brought the American Film Institute's list of the 100 Greatest Movies to work. We talked about trying to see all the movies on the list. I looked up the list again recently and I am going to work on completing it! I've seen 18 movies on the list to-date.

Sunday my dad and I watched The Maltese Falcon. It is fun to watch how different acting was then as compared to today. There wan't much subtlety...and you could fit a car through the holes in the plot. But there is no replacing Bogart as Sam Spade--a woman of any generation would melt if he lit a cigarette, looked at you from under his tilted hat and called you "sweetheart"!

Maybe after I watch the remaining movies I'll move on to exercise and healthy eating...right now my priority is Casablanca!


http://www.afi.com/Docs/tvevents/pdf/movies100.pdf

No comments: